What is Bluestacks?
Bluestacks is a Silicon Valley-based company that is currently developing advanced technology Android emulator called Bluestacks App Player. It allows users to easily run their Android applications on x86 and x64 based systems(Both Windows OS & macOS). According to reports, their initial version which was referred to as beta 1 was released on 27 March in the year 2012.
Bluestacks app player is designed in such a way that it allows all kind of Android applications to run freely on apple’s macOS, and Microsoft Windows 10 operating system. However, Bluestacks app player basic features are free to download. The advanced optional features are available via monthly pay subscription model.
Features of Bluestacks For Mac
Below are some exclusive features of Bluestacks:
- Developer friendly: Testing performance of Android applications once the coding is done was expensive, but with the newly introduced App player, developers have included reduced cost since once the developers are through coding, then the performance test can be done on the player.
- Simultaneous multitasking with no compromising of its performance: Bluestacks supports much application, more so the player can support more than three tasks, i.e. the player can multi-task without compromising its performance.
- Fast updates: The company releases updates after a short period of time making the app player more stable and easy to work on.
- Similar to Android devices: The Bluestack app player in all aspects resembles the android player. The idea of the developers of this player was to make things easier to users since most of the users are used to Android applications.
- Easy installation: Bluestacks installation is simple and fast and doesn’t really require knowledge on how to install. Below you will find the steps involved in installing the Bluestacks app player on your MAC and PC systems.
How to download Bluestacks on MAC?
Follow the below given step to install the Bluestacks App Player Android emulator on your iMac or Macbook without errors.
- First, download the Bluestacks.DMG File from the Bluestacks website.
- Then, open the installer package (set-up) from the download folder on your MAC
- As you install the package, you will receive a pop-up message saying “system extension blocked.” To fix this issue, then you need to first open the ‘security preference’ which you will find it on the pop-up and then click ‘Allow’ in ‘security and privacy’
- Then, drag and drop the app icon in the installer package so as to initiate the installation process.
- Finally, after installation is completed successfully, you can then run the android emulator and enjoy.
BlueStacks Not Working on macOS: Fix
Some mac OS users may face an security issue to use Bluestacks after recent updates. The most common problem is that users are not able to see the Allow option inside the macOS Security & Privacy settings. Generally to allow any security exemption, we use can enable that software to run via Security & Privacy settings. In this case, many users are not given that option.
What to do run Bluestacks on mac OS?
- Go to System Preferences >> General >> Clicking on Allow.
If you don’t see the Allow button on your macO, then there are two other ways you can fix this.
- Update your macOS to the latest version.
- Use Recovery Mode to allow Bluestacks to run.
How to download Bluestacks on Windows 10 PC?
Below are simple steps to follow when installing the Bluestacks setup on your PC:
- First, download the Bluestacks.EXE file from the Bluestacks official website.
- Then, open the .exe file which after downloading will be saved in the download folder on your PC. NB; run the .exe file offline and install it as administrator.
- After running the .exe file (setup), save the executed file on drive C: as your preferred hard drive.
- Accept the terms and condition and then click the finish button to complete the installation.
- Finally, after the installation is completed, you are ready to go, open the app player and enjoy on your PC.
Unlike other Android emulators online, Bluestacks provide a sophisticated and exclusive feature that other platforms cannot provide to its users. In addition to this, the package comes with an active community whereby any answer or thoughts can be answered. Anyone seeking information or rather simple answers about Bluestacks, then, the forum will provide these answers to them.
Moreover, Bluestacks day in day out is doing all the updates and adjustments just to suit people’s needs. These updates are run now and then just to ensure minor changes are fixed or even removal of bugs that might have been left from the previous update.
If you have any problems while installing Bluestacks on Mac or on Windows 10 PC, then contact the official Bluestacks App Player Support.